Before any update, we strongly recommend that you take a backup of your existing vocabulary. However for Avaz updates of 4.0 and above, the update process does this for you automatically. Please see our video on how to take a backup.
You can update to the new version, either through the App Store or through iTunes.
Updating Avaz from the App Store
- Make sure you are logged in to the same Apple ID that you used for the purchase of Avaz.
- Tap the App Store icon on the iPad.
- Tap Updates button on the bottom tool bar.You will see the list of apps that require updates.
- Scroll to Avaz and tap Update. If you have multiple apps for update, you may tap the Update All button on the top left corner.
- You may be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password and tap OK.
- The update begins, and you will see the progress on the circular icon against Avaz app on the right column. This may take a few minutes.
- Once it is completed, you will see the Open button. Tap it to open the new version of Avaz.
- You can view the new version number of the app by scrolling down to the end of the Settings panel.
- Note : Updating the app through the App store requires internet connection.
Updating Avaz from iTunes
- Open the iTunes application on your computer and make sure that you are logged into the same Apple ID that you used to purchase Avaz.
- In iTunes left hand sidebar, click Apps.
If the left iTunes sidebar is not visible:
- If you are using iTunes 12, go to the More button (the three horizontal dots on the left toolbar, next to Music) and select Apps.
- If you are using iTunes 11 and older on a Mac, select View > Show Sidebar from the top menu.
- If you are using iTunes 11 and older on a PC, click the button in the top-left corner of iTunes and select Show Menu Bar.
- Next, select View > Show Sidebar from the top menu.
- At the top of the Apps screen, click Updates.
- Click the Avaz icon, and then click Update. Alternately, if you have multiple apps to update, click the Update All Apps button in the bottom-right corner of iTunes.
- You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
- Once downloaded, sync your iPad to install the update.
- Confirm the download by opening Avaz on your device.