If you don't want the app to speak when folders are tapped, you can set the Audio settings What to Speak to enable or disable audio:
This enables audio for every tap.
- In the picture mode, it speaks the category names and icons when tapped.
- In the keyboard mode, it speaks every alphabet and number that is tapped.
- This is useful for a beginner, to get to know the buttons and to understand what they represent and to help the user learn to navigate through the app. The setting provides audio reinforcement which aids initial learning.
2. Speak Words
- This enables audio only when the word is tapped.
- In the picture mode, it disables the audio for category names. When the category is tapped it does not speak the word.
- In the keyboard mode, it disables the audio for every alphabet and speaks only when the word is formed.
- This is useful once the child knows how to navigate and only wants to hear the words he uses.
3. Speak only Message box
- This enables audio only when the message box is tapped.
- In the picture mode the words and folder names are not spoken out aloud.
- In the keyboard mode, the alphabets and words are not spoken out aloud.
- Note that this is a useful setting in an inclusive classroom environment, since it does not disturb other children in the classroom while the child is navigating to compose the sentence.
Settings > What to Speak