In the Avaz keyboard mode, You can save and retrieve frequently used messages (phrases / sentences) and customize the same for each individual, based on their preferences and environment.
For Avaz ver 6.6 and above:
How to save messages
- Type the message on the keyboard which is displayed on the Message box.
- Tap the Save button (screenshot 1)
- This opens a screen to save the selected message under Favourites. It shows the list of existing folders (under Favourites) or prompts the user to Create a new folder.
- Tap to select the folder to save it in. It immediately saves the sentence in the selected folder and displays a message Saved Text to indicate that the message has been saved in the selected folder. (screenshot 2)
Screenshot 1: Tap the Save button
Screenshot 2: Favourites screen
Note that the row containing icons with green background are the folders created within the Favourites. When you tap on each Favourites folder, that is shown selected (with the dark icon with the down arrow) and the icons within that folder are displayed below that in brown background.
How to edit / delete content in Favourites folder
You can manage your set of Favourites vocabulary using the Edit button on the top right corner of the Favourites window as seen in the Screenshot#1.
- Tap the Edit button. This displays the Delete and Rename buttons to delete and change the content.
- Select the icon to edit / delete button.
- Tap the Delete / Rename button to delete or change the content.
- Tap the Exit button to save and exit the screen.
Screenshot 3: Change or delete messages / folder from Favourites
For Avaz versions below 6.6:
- using the Save and Load buttons
These messages can be saved in any of the keys on the keyboard
- alphabet keys (a-z)
- Number keys (0-9)
- Quick Response keys (the six keys present just below the Message box - Yes, No, Thank you, Sorry, Please help me).
You can use this feature to customize your Quick Response keys for different messages. These are the row of words that are displayed in the keyboard mode, just below the Message box and above the Predicted words.
How to save a new message:
- Write the message (a phrase, sentence, or paragraph) in the message box.
- Tap Save.
- Tap on any of the keys on the keyboard to save the message in that key.
- For example, you can save the message ‘Good morning’ under the letter ‘m’, and ‘Good night’ under the letter ‘n’ to help you remember more easily.
How to retrieve or load a saved message:
- Tap Load. This highlights the keys which have pre-stored messages.
- Select the key, with the message that you want to retrieve. This displays the stored message in the message box.
How to delete or clear a saved message:
- Clear the sentence box by double tapping the delete key.
- Tap the Save button.
- Tap the button that you want to clear. This saves the cleared message into the key that you want erased, In effect, this deletes the stored message.
- Note: If you have cleared a message in any of the Quick Response keys, the default original message in the key is restored.
How to modify or change a saved message: (either in the keyboard keys / Quick response keys)
- Write the changed message on the message box.
- Tap the Save button.
- Tap the highlighted key, where you want to change the message. This overwrites the existing message with the new message.
View this brief video to see how to save and retrieve messages.