What is Guided Access ?
Guided Access helps you to stay focused on a task while using your iPad. Guided Access limits your device to a single app and lets you control which app features are available.You can use the Guided Access option of iOS to disable certain areas of the app screen. Typically, people regulate access to areas where an accidental gesture might cause a distraction or even disable hardware buttons.
How to set up Guided Access?
You can set up Guided Access, by following the steps given below:
- Go to Settings >General >Accessibility >Guided Access
- Turn on the Guided Access button
- Tap Set Passcode
- This prompts you for a passcode (password) to access it - enter a 4 digit password e.g. 1234 (for easy recall)
- Re-enter the same passcode to confirm
- Now set the Triple-click button in Settings to Guided Access
- This enables you to triple-click the home button to access Guided Access page
- Now open Avaz.
- Triple click the Home button - this opens up the Guided Access page.
- Demarcate the specific area of your app where you want to restrict access to the child, by dragging the rectangle to surround the area
- Tap the Start button on the top right corner to start the guided access usage.
- This now resumes the app with the demarcated area (shaded differently) and made unaccessible to the child.
For more details, please click How to use Guided Access with iPad