What settings can help to transition from pictures to text?
Modified on: Thu, 23 Jul, 2020 at 10:18 PM
You can gradually transition the user from pictures to text by fading away the visual picture prompts that are available, and moving over to the text mode.
In Picture mode:
- Turn off the pictures in the Message box (Settings > Pictures in Message box)
- Increase the caption(text) size of the button (Settings > Caption size)
- Try turning off images on some of the words so that it displays only the text. This can be tried for smaller words, to begin with. (using the X symbol on the top left corner of the image in the Edit mode). This promotes sight-reading. Gradually increase it to more words.
In Keyboard mode:
- Start modelling words in the keyboard mode.
- The pictures in predicted words are useful during the transition, and can be turned off to fade the visual prompt. (Settings > Prediction > Predict with pictures = OFF)
- Encourage the user to start sharing messages via Text messages / facebook / mail etc.in real life scenarios, such as creating a shopping list. (Settings > Share Avaz messages=ON). This enables the user to get more practice and motivation.
- Use SAVE button to save frequently used words /phrases / sentences that the user can often refer to.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.