If you receive a backup or exported content as a .avt (full backup) or .avc(folder/category backup) file, this file can be moved to the app in the following way:
For iOS users
If you are transferring from a Mac to Avaz on iPad or iPhone
- Transfer the backup file (.avt /.avc) to iPad / iPhone via AirDrop (drag and drop the file to AirDrop)*
- The transferred file gets saved in the device's Downloads section. It opens a window for you to select the folder to save it under. Tap Avaz and tap Save. This transfers the backup file to Avaz app.
- Open Avaz app, and go to Edit > Print ....
- You can find the copied backup :
- If full backup - you will find it under Settings > Backup & Restore > Restore from backups
- If category backup - you will find it under Edit > Print ...
If you are not using a Mac, transfer the file using Dropbox.
For Android users
1. Transfer the file through Dropbox
2. Transfer the file through Whatsapp / Telegram / bluetooth.
3. Tap the received file - it suggests to open with Avaz. Select Avaz and the backup gets copied to Avaz in the current screen or Home screen.
*How to transfer file using AirDrop
AirDrop is possible when moving files from one Apple device to another.
IF you are using a Mac,
- On your Mac, open a Finder window and select AirDrop. Anyone around you using the same Wi-Fi network that has AirDrop enabled for Everyone (or if you're in their contacts) will appear. To copy a file from the Mac to the device, just drag the file on top of their icon.