During the upgrade to version 6.6, here is what you may expect :
- Previous Vocabulary Backup
- Your existing vocabulary gets auto-backed up locally on your device. Also, the old vocabulary will be upgraded to the latest format.
- Your old backup will be backed up and available under Menu > Settings > Backup & Restore.
- If you uninstall the app without syncing to Drop box you will lose the back up. Make sure you sync to Dropbox to back it up to the Cloud.
- For backups, the app will not support the .avz file formats anymore. (.avz was used in the earliest versions of Avaz. Since 2017, we have switched to .avt file formats)
- On upgrade, you will be logged out of the app.
- Please re-login with your registered email id and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on Forgot Password link in the login screen and you will get a mail with the Reset-password link to your email id. Please check your Spam folder also.
- if you don't remember your email id, send us a mail to email@example.com with details of your login name and possible email ids and we will assist you further.
- After the upgrade, the grid size will be reset to 15 pics/ screen (for phones) and 24 pics per screen (for tabs / iPads). You will have to again set the required grid size as per the user's needs. You can do it through Menu > Settings > Pics per screen (grid size).
- If you try to download multiple voices, you may face storage issues.
- You can delete voices that you try out, by using the Delete button next to each voice. This will free up some space in your device.
- More images added to the app library (Symbolstix symbols). The app now offers 65,000 symbols (3-times more) and superior quality, as offered through the Avaz picture library.
If you face any issues during upgrade, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.