Avaz is supported on both the iPad as well as Android tablets and phones. However, not all Android devices are supported. Please refer to Minimum specs required for Avaz to run on Android devices.
Here is a comparison of various factors for both devices:
- The iPad hardware is more reliable, having faster response times, better touch sensitivity and performance, compared to most Android tablets.
2. Device support for running Avaz app
- For Android, Avaz is supported only by a limited models of Android tablets, and not on all of them. Refer to Minimum specs required for Avaz to run on Android devices.
- However, for iPad, Avaz is supported on all models of iPad released so far - iPad, iPad mini, iPad Pro, as long as it runs the minimum recommended iOS version for the app.
3. Avaz support offered, based on hardware
- The iPad, coming from a single manufacturer (Apple), gives us better control over the product since we are able to test it completely on a single piece of hardware.
- In case of issues faced by the customer, we are able to quickly reproduce the issue and can respond with a quick fix.
- Android, on the other hand, has more than 3000 models (in different sizes and shapes) that support Avaz, and from different manufacturers, each running different versions of Android OS.
- Hence, for Android, it is not possible for us (the Avaz team) to test Avaz on each and every model of Android device, before every update. Our in-house testing on Android is limited to a limited set of Android devices from specific manufacturers (like Google or Samsung etc.) that are available at the time of testing.
- The price of iPad is higher than Android tabs.