Avaz supports Grammar forms and provides morphology options for verb, adjective and noun forms. Whenever a word (with word forms) is displayed on the message box, the various word forms of the word are displayed just below the message box and you can choose the most relevant one.
The word forms displayed for each type of word in Avaz are:
- Verbs (past, past participle, present, continuous, future tense)
- e.g. EAT (ate, eaten, eats, eating, will eat)
- Nouns (singular, plural, possessive),
- e.g. BAG (bag, bag's, bags)
- Adjectives (simple, comparative, superlative)
- e.g. BIG (big, bigger, biggest)
- e.g. YOU (you, yourself, your, yours)
For Avaz versions 6.6 and above
If there are variations of a word, you will see a small "+" symbol on the top right corner of the image. On clicking it, it shows the various word forms for you to choose from.
How the word forms and displayed and choosing the intended form:
For Earlier Versions of the app (for Avaz versions less than 6.6)
How the word forms are displayed and choosing the word form:
The usage of word forms allows the user to use the most appropriate form of the word, to make the communication more grammatically correct and more appropriate to the context.
The word forms are displayed only if the Grammar setting is turned ON.