How do I set or change the vocabulary level in picture mode?
Modified on: Wed, 22 Jul, 2020 at 5:55 PM
Avaz (versions 4.0 and above) has 3 levels of vocabulary - Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 - as per the Pragmatic Vocabulary of Avaz. And you can set the vocabulary to any of the levels, depending on the child's strengths and needs.
Read more about What are the vocabulary levels in Avaz?
How to change the level?
A. By changing the Home Screen
- You can set up the Home screen with any of the levels of vocabulary.
- Click here to see How to set up the Home screen vocabulary level?
B. By changing Pics per screen
- Tap the Settings icon on the top menu bar.
- Scroll down and Tap the Pics per screen.
- Tap 15 pics per screen to set it to Level 1.
- Tap 24 pics per screen to set it to Level 2.
- Tap 40 pics per screen to set it to Level 3.
- When you move change the vocabulary level in Settings or move from one level to another (or change pictures per screen), any custom vocabulary created in the previous level does not reflect in the changed level.
- As you change the vocabulary level, the default categories (folders) remain the same with a few more added to the higher level; however the custom folders need to be copied in order to be accessible at the new level.
- Also, you may have to re-arrange the icons after moving it to the new level, in order to retain the same motor patterns that the user is already used to.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.