Avaz (versions 4.0 and above) has 3 levels of vocabulary - Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 - as per the Pragmatic Vocabulary of Avaz. And you can set the vocabulary to any of the levels, depending on the child's strengths and needs.
Setting the Home Screen Vocabulary restricts the user to a specific, suitable vocabulary on the Home screen, preventing navigation and access to other vocabulary levels within the app which is unsuitable for the user at that point.
Read more about What are the vocabulary levels in Avaz?
In version 6.6 +
To change vocabulary,
- Tap Menu on the top right corner.
- Tap Settings button.
- Scroll down and select Home screen vocabulary. You can see the various levels that can be selected for the Home screen. Select any of the levels depending on the language level of the user.
The vocabulary levels are linked to the pictures per screen that is optimized for each level.
E.g. Level 1 - optimized for 15 pictures per screen, Level 2 for 24 and Level 3 for 40
This is to ensure that motor patterns are maintained across levels.
Screenshot: Home screen vocabulary
How to change the level?
A. By changing the Home Screen
- You can set up the Home screen with any of the levels of vocabulary.
- Click here to see How to set up the Home screen vocabulary level?
B. By changing Pics per screen
- Tap the Settings icon on the top menu bar.
- Scroll down and Tap the Pics per screen.
- Tap 15 pics per screen to set it to Level 1.
- Tap 24 pics per screen to set it to Level 2.
- Tap 40 pics per screen to set it to Level 3.