Before any update, we strongly recommend that you take a backup of your existing vocabulary. However for Avaz updates of 4.0 and above, the update process does this for you automatically.
You can update to the new version, either through the App Store or through iTunes.
- Updating Avaz from the App Store
- Make sure you are logged in to the same Apple ID that you used for the purchase of Avaz.
- Tap the App Store icon on the iPad.
- Tap Updates button on the bottom tool bar.You will see the list of apps that require updates.
- Scroll to Avaz and tap Update. If you have multiple apps for update, you may tap the Update All button on the top left corner.
- You may be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password and tap OK.
- The update begins, and you will see the progress on the circular icon against Avaz app on the right column. This may take a few minutes.
- Once it is completed, you will see the Open button. Tap it to open the new version of Avaz.
- You can view the new version number of the app by scrolling down to the end of the Settings panel.
- Note : Updating the app through the App store requires internet connection.
- Updating Avaz from iTunes
- Open the iTunes application on your computer and make sure that you are logged into the same Apple ID that you used to purchase Avaz.
- In iTunes left hand sidebar, click Apps.
- If the left iTunes sidebar is not visible:
- If you are using iTunes 12, go to the More button (the three horizontal dots on the left toolbar, next to Music) and select Apps.
- If you are using iTunes 11 and older on a Mac, select View > Show Sidebar from the top menu.
- If you are using iTunes 11 and older on a PC, click the button in the top-left corner of iTunes and select Show Menu Bar.
- Next, select View > Show Sidebar from the top menu.
- At the top of the Apps screen, click Updates.
- Click the Avaz icon, and then click Update. Alternately, if you have multiple apps to update, click the Update All Apps button in the bottom-right corner of iTunes.
- You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
- Once downloaded, sync your iPad to install the update.
- Confirm the download by opening Avaz on your device.