Avaz supports limited support for multiple languages for versions of Avaz Lite and Avaz Pro 4.0 and above.
For the languages supported, you can add new words / edit existing words in the new language (for Avaz Picture mode only) and also get audio (text-to-speech) in the new language voice. The rest of the app remains unchanged in English.
Click here to see the List of languages supported by Avaz (keyboard and voice).
How to change the text of the icon to a different language?
You can change the language settings (audio/voice and keyboard) in the following manner.
First, add the new language keyboard, through Apple's iPad Settings:
- Tap iPad Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards.
- Scroll down and tap Add New Keyboard. This pops up a window that displays a list of Suggested keyboards.
- Select the language of your choice. Now you can use this additional language in Avaz, to edit or add new messages in the new language.
- For more details, click here -> How to change the language of the keyboard in the iPad ?
Using the new language in Avaz to enter the text
- In Avaz Picture mode, you can change words in Edit mode by editing the contents of the Caption field. Tap the Edit button on the top to go to Edit mode. Tap the word that you wish to change and then tap the Change button on the top right to Edit the content.
- The contents of the Caption field contains the text that is displayed under each icon. When you tap the Caption field, the iPad English Keyboard pops up as the default language set. At the bottom of the keyboard, you will see a globe icon towards the bottom left hand corner of your keyboard. You can tap the Globe icon until it changes to the language of your choice on your keyboard. The chosen language is displayed on the Space bar. Now you can enter the text in the language of your choice.
How to change the audio (voice) to another language?
You can change the voice to a new language, using the following steps:
In Picture mode, this will speak out the text as defined in the Caption field of the icon, or the contents of the Speak As field. Note that the Speak As content overrides the Caption content for audio.
- Tap Settings > Voice (under Audio settings)
- Scroll to see the list of language voices available. Tap the speaker icon to listen to a sample audio.
- Select the language and voice of your choice. The new voice is activated.
Using a language that is not included in the above list for audio
If the language that you want to use for audio is not included in the above list, you can record your voice using the audio button in the Edit window,
Click here to know How to record my voice as audio for the icon