What does the backup include?
The backup is a mirror image of the current vocabulary of the app in its current state. This includes:
- the entire picture vocabulary (including custom images added)
- the audio recording (if any)
- all the settings that have been set up in the app.
- the sentences saved in Favourites folder
- the history of recently spoken sentences
Backups can be taken manually or automatically. For auto-backups please refer to Avaz FAQ - How do I take auto-backups?
How to take a backup manually ?
- For Avaz ver 6.6 and above: Tap on Menu > Settings.
For less than ver 6.6: Tap on Settings on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Backup & Restore.
- Tap on Create new backup. This pops up a window and prompts you with a default backup name.
- Enter the name of the backup. You can change the default backup name, if you wish to, and click OK. This creates a backup of your vocabulary on your device. You will see it under the Restore from Backups section on the same panel below.
Screenshot (ver 6.6 and above): Enter the name of backup
For Avaz ver less than ver 6.6): Create new backup screen